Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Onto the bandwagon.

It took literally one episode - the first of the second season - for me to get on the Lost bandwagon, and once my first season DVDs arrived I devoured them in a weekend. I daresay I now know as much or more about Lost than most people not named J.J. Abrams, but there's no need to be competitive here - we're all allowed to like Lost, and we should. Why? Because it isn't just gimmicky cliffhangers and weird plot twists, it's an excellent character drama (although it could stand to get back to that; it's been stifled a bit so far this season in order to answer the questions it set up for itself). It didn't win the Emmy because of some hatch.

So what are you going to get here? Episode recaps. Speculation. Perhaps general chatter if my roommate takes up my offer to make this a multi-author blog. Either way, know starting out that I'm doing this as much for myself as anyone else, so keep the snark to yourself. That's my job, where called for (and there will be some; the show isn't perfect, God knows).

Anyway, that's the premise. Catch on quick, because this entry is soon to be buried.

No comments: