Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Brief speculation

Jack's dad = not dead?

I'm sure I'm not the first person to come up with this theory, but I did arrive at it independently this evening. Consider:

*Jack's dad was directly responsible for Jack and Ana Lucia being in Australia.
*Jack's dad crossed paths with Sawyer in Australia.
*Jack's dad might also be Claire's dad.

That's a lot of connections to various castaways, no? Also consider the fact that we never actually see Jack's dad's body (empty casket, anyone?). Also consider that Jack's dad has shown up on the island - it would seem the island can cause hallucinations, but it's also been hinted that certain things or people may just appear. The horse in "What Kate Did" was certainly flesh and blood as far as could be told.

Also, we know there's a big twist coming at the end of the season. How big would it be if Jack stumbles down some dank corridor buried in the jungle, opens a door, and sees his father standing there in a suit? I can even picture how they'd probably shoot that.

Of course, I hope I'm wrong, because I like to be surprised. But if you could bet this stuff in Vegas, and they had "Jack's Dad is 'Him'" at like 20:1 odds, I might lay down a sawbuck.

No comments: